VP-Wet™ surfactant is a wetting agent designed for use in Newpark’s OptiDrill™ diesel- or mineral oil-based drilling fluid system. VP-Wet is a liquid blend of surfactants that maintains oil-wetting of both barite and drilled solids. VP-Wet improves the filtration control, rheology and emulsion of the drilling fluid.
- Remains effective in the presence of contaminants
- Rapidly promotes oil-wetting of drilled solids and barite
- Prevents water-wetting solids, low emulsion stability and increased fluid rheologies during a water influx
- Enhances the effectiveness of VP-Mul™ and VP-Plus™ emulsifiers
- Effective in treating active water-wetting during operation
VP-Wet wetting agent stabilizes water-in-oil emulsions in any oil-based fluid. The product is effective with NaCl, CaCl2 and NewPhase™ internal phases. It should be used in an alkaline environment. An excess of Ca(OH)2
VP-Wet concentrations should be engineered for the specific fluid design, but a typical range is 0.5-6.0 lb/bbl (0.07-0.86 gal/bbl). Higher concentrations may be needed for high-temperature applications. The wetting agent can be added through the hopper or directly into the pits, providing agitation is sufficient.
Typical Physical Properties
|Dark amber liquid
Handling and Storage
Avoid contact, inhalation and ingestion. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from ignition sources and strong oxidizing agents. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product
VP-Wet wetting agent is available in 5-gallon (19-liter) pails, 55-gallon (208-liter) drums and 275-gallon (1,041-liter) totes.