OptiWet™ wetting agent is a liquid blend of emulsifying and wetting agents which provides fluid stability for Newpark’s OptiDrill™ or OptiPhase™ diesel- or mineral oil-based fluids at high temperatures. It also minimizes high shear rate viscosities.
- Stabilizes emulsions in high-temperature environments
- Provides greater rates of penetration (ROP) than inverts derived from soap-based emulsifiers
- Requires a minimal amount of lime
- Emulsifies sodium and calcium brines and freshwater containing NewPhase™ water-activity control agent
- Remains effective in the presence of contaminants.
OptiWet wetting agent can be used in all OptiDrill or OptiPhase diesel-or mineral oil-based fluid applications, but is highly effective at elevated temperatures or when attempting to maximize ROP with PDC bits.
OptiWet wetting agent concentrations should be engineered to the specific fluid design, but a typical range is 0.25-8.0 lb/bbl (0.03-1.08 gal/bbl). The wetting agent can be added through the hopper or directly into the pits, providing agitation is sufficient.
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance:||Dark amber liquid|
|Flash Point (PMCC)||150°F (66°C)|
Handling and Storage
Avoid contact, inhalation and ingestion. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from ignition sources and strong oxidizing agents. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
OptiWet wetting agent is available in 5-gallon (19-liter) pails, 55-gallon (208-liter), 275-gallon (1,041-liter) totes and bulk quantities.