OptiMul™ HP is a high-performance emulsifier designed to increase stability in non-aqueous drilling fluids. OptiMul HP reduces fluid loss and is the only emulsifier needed in the fluids formulation.
- One-drum emulsifier, eliminating the need for separate primary and secondary emulsifier
- Formulated to produce flatter gel strengths when compared against conventional emulsification packages
- Imparts oil-wetting characteristics
- Used in a variety of fluid types and weights
- Effective and thermally stable across a broad temperature range
OptiMul HP replaces the need for a primary and secondary emulsifier in diesel-and mineral oil-based systems, as well as synthetic systems. It should be used in an alkaline environment. An excess of Ca(OH)2 (lime) should always be present in the fluid. OptiMul HP is effective in applications over 375°F (191°C).
OptiMul HP concentrations should be engineered for the specific fluid design, but a typical initial range is 6-8 lb/bbl. Once the fluid is in the well and properly sheared, maintain the excess lime above 1.0 lb/bbl.
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance||Dark brown liquid|
|Flash Point||176°F (80°C)|
|Pour Point||3°F (-16°C)|
Handling and Storage
Recommended storage temperature is 40-90°F (4-32°C). Use appropriate hygiene and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
OptiMul HP one-drum emulsifier is available in 55-gallon (208-liter) drums, 275-gallon (1,041-liter) totes and bulk quantities.