Newpark Drilling Fluids North America
Newpark Drilling Fluids is a leading supplier of advanced, high-performance fluids solutions for the global oil and gas industry. We have expanded rapidly since our formation in 1997 by providing breakthrough fluids technology and industry-leading service to thousands of wells. A leading provider in the U.S. and Canada, Newpark credits its rapid growth to its unique approach to customer service and efficiency improvement programs, fostered by a professional staff carefully chosen to mesh with the company’s business strategy.
Today, we serve operators in most U.S. and Canadian areas of drilling activity, including the challenging shale gas plays and diverse offshore Gulf of Mexico markets. The company’s North American service footprint and wide-ranging drilling fluids supply is managed through a network of strategically located distribution centers. Our innovative products and best-in-class service culture have given us strong positions globally as well.
Our U.S. service activity averages several hundred rigs, with supply managed through a mature network of dozens of distribution centers. We are active in the offshore GOM market, including deepwater locations, and in most U.S. areas of drilling activity, including onshore Texas and Louisiana, the Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountains and in the many burgeoning unconventional shale plays of North America.
Newpark provides technology-based drilling fluids services in the following basins and plays:
- Anadarko Basin – Woodford, Mississippi Limestone, Granite Wash, Cleveland/Tonkawa, Marmaton, Hogshooter, Oswego, Chester, Hunton
- Appalachia Basin - Marcellus, Utica
- Arkoma Basin – Woodford, Fayetteville
- Fort Worth Basin – Barnett
- Gulf Coast Basin – Deepwater, Shelf, Inland Waters and Onshore
- Permian Basin – Wolfcamp, Spraberry, Bone Springs
- Rocky Mountain Basins – DJ Basin (Niobrara), Piceance Basin, Powder River Basin, Green River Basin, Uinta Basin, San Juan Basin
- TX-LA-MS Salt Basin – Haynesville, Bossier, Cotton Valley, Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin – Duvernay, Montney, Horn River, Canadian Oil Sands, Bakken
- Western Gulf Basins – Austin Chalk, Eagle Ford, Woodbine, Buda, Smackover
- Williston Basin – Bakken, Three Forks
- Louisiana Gulf Coast Basin
- Fort Worth Basin
- Anadarko Basin
- Appalachia Basin
- Texas Gulf Coast Basin
- Permian Basin
- Rocky Mountain Basins
- TX-LA-MS Salt Basin
- Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin
- Williston Basin
- Gulf of Mexico Basin
- Arkoma Basins
Our ongoing technological breakthroughs and on-the-ground expertise continue to drive customer success. The professionals throughout Newpark Drilling Fluids work in close concert with customers to formulate and apply the best fluids solutions the industry has to offer. Together, we are fostering a cleaner energy future now.