Drill reactive formations and depleted sands efficiently
Avoid high fluid costs
Navigate™ direct emulsion fluid system is a brine & diesel direct emulsion (oil-in-water) fluid system that allows operators to drill in zones where formation reactivity, as well as fractured & unconsolidated formations, are of concern.
The Navigate system helps deal with issues of high costs associated with oil-based mud losses while providing operators that can compete with the performance of a traditional oil-based drilling fluid (OBM).
Key features and advantages
- Unprecedented filtercake quality
- Very low polymer concentrations required
- Torque and ROPs that match or exceed conventional OBM
- Can utilize field brines as the base fluid (9.9 ppg NaCl). Maintains saturation across wide density range
- Simplifies mud weight management
- Minimizes issues associated with downhole losses
- Reduces trucking costs
- Reduces time drilling through salt with higher ROP
- Reduced lost circulation events and LCM costs
Key applications: Unconsolidated, reactive and fractured formations with high loss potential
Fluid type: Direct emulsion (oil-in-water)
Sustainability rating: Medium. Contains diesel.
The inhibitive Navigate fluid system that can be used to efficiently drill the vertical, curve, and lateral wellbore sections.
In addition to the shale inhibitive properties, the fluid uses a polymeric viscosifier that aids in shear-thinning rheological characteristics as well as a clean break from cuttings at the shakers. As a result, a lower retention on cuttings is inherent with the direct emulsion fluid
Delaware Basin performance highlight
- Average of 10+ days savings on total well (Wells ranged from 17,800 – 19,000ft)
- Bit runs reduced from 4 to 2
- Average downhole losses reduced by more than 90%
- Up to 3x reduction on drilling fluid costs
Build a more sustainable drilling operation with the Newpark service advantage
Creating safe, sustainable, and efficient operations relies on dynamic and trusted partnerships. Our service advantage combines drilling fluids expertise, innovative custom chemistry, a world-class lab network and an effective global supply chain to offer all the support you need to anticipate and overcome your drilling challenges.