DynaVert™ SFT sack fishing tool (SFT) is a one-sack blend of emulsifiers and gellants used in the formulation of weighted spotting, coring or spacer fluids prepared with freshwater or brine as the internal phase and with diesel or low-toxicity oils as the external phase.
Unlike typical sacked spotting fluids, DynaVert SFT equalizes the pressure around differentially stuck drilling tools. The versatile DynaVert SFT can be formulated as a spot, spacer or coring fluid, to 18 lb/gal (2.1 sg).
DynaVert SFT is used to prepare invert emulsion spotting fluids for freeing stuck drill pipe. DynaVert SFT contains unique “cake-cracking” surfactants, which crack and penetrate the filter cake to equalize pressure around differentially stuck drilling tools.
Spot: Formulated spots penetrate and disintegrate the filter cake around the stuck pipe. The fluid then seeps behind the pipe causing an equalization of pressure and freeing differentially stuck pipe.
Spacer: DynaVert SFT spacer fluids separate incompatible fluids during displacements and cementing operations.
Coring: DynaVert SFT can be used to formulate economical low-temperature, inverted emulsion fluids for coring operations.
Typical Physical Properties
Handling and Storage
Minimize exposure to dust. Store in a cool, dry, wellventilated area away from ignition sources and strong oxidizing agents. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
DynaVert SFT sack fishing tool is available in 50-pound (22.7-kilogram) multi-walled bags.
|Weight (lb/bbl)||Diesel (barrel)||DynaVert SFT (sack)||Water (barrel)||Barite (sack)||DynaFree* (drum)|
* One DynaFree™ drum per 50-barrels of spotting fluid is recommended to enhance beneficial penetration rate of spotting fluid. See DynaFree product information for further details.
- Determine the volume to be spotted, preferably enough to cover the bottomhole assembly, plus 10-15 bbl to be left inside the drill string.
- Clean the mixing pit in which the SFT will be mixed, leaving no standing water or sediment from the drilling fluid.
- Flush the mixing lines with clean water and remove drain plugs to clear the lines.
- Add oil to mixing pits.
- Add DynaVert SFT through hopper.
- Add seawater, brine or freshwater through the hopper.
- Mix one hour.
- Slowly add barite.
- Mix one hour.
- Check for adequate weight suspension.
- Add DynaFree spotting fluid agent in recommended concentration.