DynaFiber™ lost circulation material (LCM) is a blend of micronized cellulosic fibers, compatible with water- or oil-based drilling fluids. This product is specially designed to seal permeable formations.
- Cures seepage losses and helps remediate lost circulation problems
- Contains a wide range of graded particles that bridge within a fraction of an inch of the wellbore, thereby creating an efficient seal and eliminating the risks of being scraped or washed off the formation
- Minimizes differential sticking
- Passes through screening equipment effectively due to optimized size distribution
- Mixes easily through the hopper
DynaFiber LCM is compatible with all water- and oil-based drilling fluids. The product is stable for high-temperature applications and is biodegradable and non-toxic.
While drilling, the recommended application is 4-8 lb/bbl. In sweeps, use 15-30 lb/bbl in 25-50 bbl of volume.
Most effectively used as a pill; 20-40 lb/bbl, along with an equal concentration of DynaFiber fine grade.
DynaFiber materials should be mixed thoroughly into the drilling fluid or with water, then spotted or swept through the loss zone.
NOTE: The most important aspect of combating lost circulation is particle size distribution. Consequently, it is recommended that a combination of materials be added to ensure a good particle size distribution (PSD).
Particle Size Distribution
|Retained on 10 Mesh||0%||1%||46%|
|Retained on 20 Mesh||1%||46%||6%|
|Retained on 40 Mesh||58%||29%||13%|
|Retained on 80 Mesh||35%||18%||26%|
|Passing 80 Mesh||6%||6%||9%|
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance:||Brown, granular material|
|Water Solubility:||Very slightly soluble|
Handling and Storage
Minimize exposure to dust. Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated area away from ignition sources and strong oxidizing agents. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
DynaFiber LCM is available in 25-pound (11.3-kilogram) multi-walled bags.