DrillEase™ 252 performance enhancer increases penetration rate and bit life, formulated specifically for mining applications.
- Reduces torque in lower concentrations
- Provides borehole stability by reducing water activity and by attaching itself to shale surfaces
- Inhibits clays by providing a semi-permeable membrane on the shale interface to help minimize undesirable diffusion and osmotic effects of the clays
- Increases penetration rate and bit life
- Meets and/or exceeds environmental requirements
DrillEase 252 performance enhancer is used in any waterbased system. It is extremely effective in drilling highly reactive clays and high-angle boreholes where it enhances penetration rates, reduces torque and drag, and inhibits shale. It is tolerant of cold ambient temperatures. The product is environmentally safe for all applications.
Per 300 gallons or 1 cubic meter:
- For initial torque reduction, the concentration should be 2-4 quarts or liters
- For torque increases due to deviation and/or highangle hole, concentration should be increased to 4-6 quarts or liters
- For clay inhibition and shale stabilization, the concentration should be 4-12 quarts or liters, depending on the reactivity of the clay/shale encountered
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance:||Dark tan to brown liquid|
|Flash Point:||>200°F (93°C)|
|pH (10% solution):||6-7|
|Pour Point:||-30°F (-34°C)|
Handling and Storage
Ensure adequate ventilation. Store between 35° and 120°F (2° and 49°C). Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
The DrillEase 252 performance enhancer is available in 5-gallon (19-liter) pails. It can be made available in drums or bulk quantities with prior notification.