DeepDrill® Inhibitor shale inhibitor is a buffered blend of polyhydroxyl alcohols designed to provide optimum inhibition in Newpark Drilling Fluids’ DeepDrill water-based drilling fluid system.
- Provides the performance benefits of an oil-based drilling fluid in an environmentally safe water-based drilling fluid.
- Reduces torque, drag and the coefficient of friction (CoF) for water-based drilling fluids.
- Increases borehole stability by inhibiting the dispersion of water-sensitive shale. Furthermore, it decreases shale sloughing and reduces the hydration of bentonitic formations.
- Promotes the formation of thin, tough filter cakes while increasing filter cake lubricity.
- Meets and/or exceeds all environmental requirements, including the LC50 toxicity.
- Prevents bit balling and provides increased penetration rates.
- Helps suppress gas hydrate formation.
DeepDrill Inhibitor is used in the DeepDrill system, which also includes a polymer viscosifier and water-loss additive. DeepDrill Inhibitor can be used to reduce torque and drag in directional wells and reduce sticking. DeepDrill Inhibitor is applicable for either onshore or offshore wells as a replacement for oil- or synthetic-based drilling fluids.
DeepDrill Inhibitor may be added to the system through the hopper. Concentrations of DeepDrill Inhibitor may be 3-20% by volume depending on the need for inhibition. DeepDrill Inhibitor can be used with salt for offshore applications.
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance:||Brown, viscous liquid|
|Flash Point:||300°F (149°C)|
Handling and Storage
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Store in a cool area away from strong oxidizing agents. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
DeepDrill Inhibitor is available in 55-gallon (208-liter) drums and bulk quantities.