ConveCT™ pH buffer is an amine-based product aimed at preserving naturally derived polymers from heat-induced degradation in situations where borehole temperatures exceed their normal operating range. It was developed for use in Newpark’s proprietary ResurreCT™ coiled tubing system. The product has the added benefit of alkalinity control.
- Saves cost on naturally derived polymer additions by extending life of existing polymers in fluids
- Contains an inherent alkalinity feature that is more stable and less hazardous than other pH sources (such as caustic soda)
- Not affected by hardness from divalent cation sources
- Prevents against polymeric degradation sources such as oxidation and hydrolysis
- Has the ability to extend temperature limitation by up to 30°F (17°C)
- Controls alkalinity in high-hardness brines containing divalent cations such as calcium or magnesium
- Safe replacement for hazardous alkalinity sources such as caustic soda
- Extends polymer life by preventing degradation via hydrolysis and oxidation.
To prevent polymeric degradation, ConveCT pH buffer should be added to the fluid system in concentrations of 1.75-3.5 lb/bbl. Routine additions should be made to maintain a system pH of 9.0-10.0.
Typical Physical Properties
|Flash Point (PMCC)||199°F (93°C)|
|pH (50% solution||2.1|
Handling and Storage
Avoid inhalation of fumes. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep containers tightly closed in a dry, cool and well-ventilated area. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product
ConveCT pH buffer is available in 55-gallon (208-liter) drums.