Newpark to Acquire 51% of DuraBase Mat Manufacturer for $1.3 Million, Increasing Its Ownership to 100%
METAIRIE, La., March 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Newpark Resources, Inc. (NYSE: NR) today announced that it has agreed to acquire OLS Consulting Services, Inc., the 51% owner of The Loma Company, LLC, which manufactures its DuraBase(TM) Composite mat systems, in exchange for a cash payment of $1.3 million. The principal assets of OLS Consulting Services include the patents licensed to The Loma Company, LLC for use in the manufacture of the mats, a note receivable from Loma and its 51% membership interest in Loma. Newpark is the owner of the remaining 49% of The Loma Company.
As a result of the acquisition, the parties will mutually dismiss all pending litigation among the parties and their affiliates. The transaction is expected to be completed by April 18, 2005.
Newpark Resources, Inc. is a provider of drilling fluids, environmental waste treatment solutions, and temporary work sites and access roads for oilfield and other commercial markets.
For further information contact: Matthew W. Hardey Vice President of Finance (504) 838-8222
The foregoing discussion contains 'forward-looking statements' within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934, as amended. There are risks and uncertainties that could cause future events and results to differ materially from those anticipated by management in the forward-looking statements included in this press release. For further information regarding these and other factors, risks and uncertainties affecting Newpark, reference is made to the risk factors set forth in the Prospectus included in Newpark's Registration Statement on Form S-3 filed on May 8, 2002 (File No. 333-87840), and to the section entitled "Forward Looking Statements" on page 17 of that Prospectus. In particular, as described on page 9 of that Prospectus, any material decline in the level of oil and gas exploration and production activity could result in fewer opportunities being available for the service industry in general and Newpark in particular, and may adversely affect the demand for our services. In addition, as described on page 13 of that Prospectus, any rescission or relaxation of governmental regulations, including in the discharge regulations recently implemented, could reduce the demand for Newpark's services and reduce Newpark's revenues and income. You are strongly urged to review these sections for a more detailed discussion of these risks and uncertainties. Newpark's SEC filings can be obtained at no charge at www.sec.gov, as well as through our Website, www.newpark.com.
SOURCE Newpark Resources, Inc. -0- 03/30/2005 /CONTACT: Matthew W. Hardey, Vice President of Finance of Newpark Resources, Inc., +1-504-838-8222/ /Web site: http://www.newpark.com / (NR) CO: Newpark Resources, Inc.; OLS Consulting Services, Inc.; The Loma Company, LLC ST: Louisiana IN: OIL SU: TNM AC-SF -- LAW073 -- 8908 03/30/2005 16:01 EST http://www.prnewswire.com