KronoTrol™ HT high temperature filtration control agent is a polymeric additive used in Newpark’s proprietary Kronos™ synthetic-based drilling fluid system for deepwater applications.
- Aids in prevention of barite sag by improving low shear rate viscosity
- Non-toxic when used as intended
- Chemically stable to 500°F (260°C)
KronoTrol HT filtration control agent is ideally suited for use in HPHT or consistent rheology applications. KronoTrol performs optimally when bottomhole temperatures range from 350-475°F (177-246°C), but is functional at temperatures above 200°F (93°C).
- When used in HPHT applications, the polymer withstands high shear conditions without degrading.
- When used in consistent rheology cold water applications that have low organophilic clay concentrations, the polymer controls fluid loss in the warm open hole while maintaining rheological properties in the cool riser environment.
Consistent Rheology Applications
1-2 lb/bbl is usually sufficient to provide fluid loss control in synthetic-based systems with reduced Organophilic clay content.
2-5 lb/bbl is recommended for controlling HPHT fluid loss when bottomhole temperatures exceed 300°F (149°C). Optimal performance may be obtained using more than one KronoTrol product.
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance||White, free-flowing powder|
Handling and Storage
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from ignition sources. Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review the SDS thoroughly before using this product.
KronoTrol XT extreme temperature filtration control agent is available in 55-pound (25-kilogram) multi-walled bags.