DrillEase™233 performance enhancer was formulated specifically for mining applications. It blends the exceptional performance enhancing technology of Newpark’s Evolution® system with the optimal shale inhibition technology of our DeepDrill® system.
- Reduces torque in lower concentrations
- Provides borehole stability by reducing water activity and attaching itself to shale surfaces
- Inhibits clays by providing a semi-permeable membrane on the shale interface to help minimize undesirable diffusion and osmotic effects of the clays
- Increases penetration rate and bit life
- Meets or exceeds environmental requirements
DrillEase 233 performance enhancer is used in any waterbased system. It is extremely effective in drilling highly reactive clays and high-angle boreholes where it enhances penetration rates, reduces torque and drag, and inhibits shale.
Per 300 gallons or 1 cubic meter:
- For initial torque reduction, the concentration should be 2-4 quarts or liters
- For torque increases due to deviation and/or high-angle holes, concentration should be increased to 4-6 quarts or liters
- For clay inhibition and shale stabilization, the concentration should be 4-12 quarts or liters, depending on the reactivity of the clay/shale encountered
Typical Physical Properties
|Appearance:||Dark brown, viscous liquid|
|Flash Point:||>275°F (135°C)|
|pH (10% solution):||7.98|
|Pour Point:||20°F (-7°C)|
Handling and Storage
Ensure adequate ventilation. Store between 35° and 120°F (2° and 49°C). Use appropriate hygiene, clothing and personal protective equipment suitable for work being done. Review SDS thoroughly before using this product.
The DrillEase 233 performance enhancer is available in 5-gallon (19-liter) pails. It can be made available in drums or bulk quantities with prior notification.